A special report on Smoking and Pregnancy
If you are a smoker and your pregnant or plan to be you have the very best reason in the world to quit smoking immediately.
If you are pregnant, the reasons for quitting smoking are twice as important and the benefit you will pass on to your baby will be a gift of a better life right from the very beginning. Please don’t think about it, don’t hesitate, just quit smoking and drinking of course, as soon as you possibly can.
Quitting smoking will have many benefits for both you and your baby.
- The amount of life carrying oxygen your baby gets will increase.
- Your baby’s lungs will grow better and work much better.
- The chances of having a premature birth will go down.
- Normal birth weight is more likely.
- There is a reduced risk of development problems such as delayed speech, cerebral palsy. Visual, hearing and learning difficulties will all be reduced too.
- Carbon monoxide and the other deadly chemicals from tobacco smoke in cigarettes will not get into the baby’s blood where they can limit the baby’s growth.
- We have already covered most of the benefits you will personally enjoy so we won’t repeat them here. You know quitting is the right thing to do.
- Quitting before you become pregnant is best, early in your pregnancy is the next best time but it is never too late to quit smoking during your pregnancy.
- Some women are tempted to just cut down while they’re pregnant but that is not a good idea. It is still a lot of poison going directly into your unborn child.
- Some women also worry about weight gain if they quit. Weight gain during pregnancy is perfectly normal. Don’t use it as an excuse.
- You may know someone who smoked and had a beautiful healthy -looking baby. Those babies are more likely to have health problems you can’t see. They may have reduced immune systems and suffer more colds and flu illnesses.
- It is just not a smart idea to smoke and especially if you are pregnant.
- After your baby arrives, avoid letting people smoke around you both.
Get a personal consultation.
Feel free to contact us nearest to your location